How to clean carpet stains?
Many families are seriously considering buying a new rug – due to the high investment and difficult maintenance. However, they are often captivated by the beauty and function of these soft floors. That’s why you need to learn how to act in any situation – when different spots appear.
Usually, everything you are afraid of can end up right on your beautiful one-color or colored carpet. Well, don’t worry if your kids start painting on the carpet, spilling orange juice or someone else spilling red wine. These are normal things and there is salvation for the carpet if you act on time.
What do we need to know before we start cleaning the carpet stain?
- Do not delay, but act as quickly possible – as soon as a stain appears in front of your eyes, immediately take a clean white towel and try to absorb as lightly and gently as possible. Take quick action (before the dirt dries) for a greater guarantee in the subsequent removal of the stain.
- Absorb the stain with the correct movements – it is important not to press and not toss inside and out for two reasons – so as not to contribute to the entry of contamination in depth and do not spread it in a much larger part of the carpet. It is correct to act with light, absorbent movements and to change towels. Do this until you notice that they stop absorbing the dirt.
- Always test the product before cleaning the entire surface or the affected area – it is best to do this at one end of the carpet or other inconspicuous part. When you see that the action is good and you will not damage the fibers and the substrate, start with a thorough cleaning.
- You must act according to the type of stain – below you will see what is most suitable for different groups of contaminants.
How to clean different stains on the carpet yourself?
Below you will see some quick and effective solutions for cleaning different types of stains. The preparation of the preparations is easy, with home-made ingredients and completely harmless to the health of the inhabitants.
Stain cleaning group 1:
These include mainly:
- Water-soluble stains
- Alcoholic beverages
- Ice cream
- Food coloring
- Wet latex paint and others
Note that it is impossible to mention absolutely all types of contaminants here, but are memories are one of the most common. Here is the magic preparation that will help you in such cases: The cleaning solution includes only two ingredients – water and white vinegar or vero. The proportion includes 32 ounces of water with ¼ tsp. of the selected ingredient (white vinegar or vero).
Cleaning stains from group 2:
- Special water-soluble stains
- Wine and others
These stains, as you may have noticed, are much more persistent and require more serious carpet cleaning . Suitable ingredients for this purpose are ammonia (chlorine) and water. First, try a solution of 1 tbsp. ammonia and 1 cup of water. This method is more aggressive and is not recommended on fabrics made entirely of wool or those that contain wool in their composition (for wool you can try water and a light detergent).
If this preparation does not help, you can bet on chlorine and water. The ratio is 1: 5. There may be a danger for some types of carpets – rather for their colors (be sure to try the action on some inconspicuous part).
include oil, grease, butter, olive oil, fried fats, etc. The unpleasant thing here is that fats have a “strong solder” to the tissue and their removal becomes quite difficult. Grease can be cleaned by the method with an iron and use other home remedies, but it is best to bet on a more powerful tool. Ask for a recommendation or trust the experts.
For fallen cigarette smoke, you can use a blunt knife or spoon to scrape off the rest of the carpet – lightly and carefully. You need to do it precisely so as not to damage the carpet.
The most common method of removing glue is with some alcohol. For this purpose, you can use what you have at home to act as quickly as possible on the stain. Take a white towel, make it into a ball and dip it in the selected alcohol. Then press directly on the adhesive stain. Once you have managed to moisten the stain well enough, you should wipe off the residue and repeat the procedure until you get the desired result.
Wax and chewing gum
The most popular method is by using ice from the freezer or an ice pack with meat. It’s called “freezing.” The goal is to freeze the gum or wax for a few minutes and then scrape off the dirt in a very easy way with a blunt knife, spoon or carefully cut with scissors. Then clean with a suitable detergent. Finally, make a vacuum with a vacuum cleaner.
Other similar methods are with an iron and a hair dryer. They are almost identical, as the iron comes into use after the precise scraping of the wax / gum. Before you start “ironing” you need to set it to delicate fabric mode and put a piece of cloth on the stain. If you are afraid of the iron (most people think it will burn the carpet, replace it with a hair dryer.
Here it is important whether the nail polish has just spilled or has already dried. Therefore, two different cleaning methods are used:
In case of a fresh spill, you should try to soak it immediately before it goes deep, take a spoon for convenience and wipe it in a clean cloth, then put another clean cloth for maximum absorption of the liquid. to use window cleaner, hairspray and other suitable.It is important that they do not contain acetone and bleach so as not to damage the carpet.In case of already dried nail polish you should try to scrape it as much as possible.
This is the initial step.Use the nail , blunt knife (grease knife) or cut with scissors as a last resort, but very carefully.Then make a precise vacuum.For cleaning with detergent you can use nail polish remover, but explicitly be without acetone.Otherwise there are many ogo other options that are sold in stores.
Undoubtedly, this is one of the most terrible pollution, accompanied by a very unpleasant odor. Immediately soak up the spill on the surface with white towels or paper. Then use a solution made from equal parts vinegar and water. Then use another solution (purchased specifically to deal with pet stains or try a pet).
Another suggestion with a very powerful effect is the use of vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, washing powder and water. First, you need to moisten the area with urine with vinegar, wait a while and sprinkle baking soda. It will absorb the dirt when it dries. Then you need to prepare a solution of water and hydrogen peroxide (100 ml of peroxide is diluted in lukewarm water). After all this, an oxidation process must be achieved and the yellowish discoloration and the terrible smell of the carpet must be removed.
Trust a professional carpet cleaning company
Professional cleaning service has always been the best solution for carpet for several reasons:
- transfer responsibility to another
- save time and effort
- guaranteed results
- prevent the possibility of damage to the carpet – fabric and colors
- eliminate panic and stress etc.
Think carefully about whether you are ready to take on the difficult task of cleaning carpets. Keep in mind that beginners face great difficulties and finally turn to specialists in the field. Qualified staff know how to act in any situation without wasting time. You could not compare not only with their skills, but also with the equipment they have. The huge number of detergents and extremely powerful machines contribute to fast and efficient cleaning of carpets.
The procedure for hiring and performing any routine or deep cleaning is almost identical for each company.
The steps are as follows:
- A request from you
- Approving your request and scheduling a date and time for a site visit
- Concluding a contractual relationship – negotiation
- Performing on-site cleaning
Keep in mind that the process will be completed much faster because the professionals will be in teams. It is important to give them access and the great look of the carpet will be a fact for a negative time. Of course, not at the expense of quality!
It is definitely worth investing in a professional service to restore the look of your carpet as it was in the beginning. Sometimes miracles cannot be performed, but if you take proper care of the carpet the rest of the time, good results are almost guaranteed. Do not hesitate, and quickly call proven brands to save your beautiful accessory. The children are looking forward to playing on the clean and fragrant carpet.
Ongoing maintenance and basic tips for cleaning the carpet at home
One of the most common mistakes of any carpet host is to start cleaning it after a mess has been created. This is the worst thing you can do. Regular care guarantees a longer service life, good appearance and atmosphere in the room (whether it is an office, kitchen in the home, dining room, bedroom, etc.).
Remember one important thing correctly! Even if you are lucky and do not spill something on the carpet or your children do not do any damage, it is mandatory to apply a regular vacuum and once every 12-18 months (according to traffic) deep cleaning.
Additionally, keep the following tips in mind:
- Choose the right cleaning machine – this means being more powerful to suck out a significant amount of moisture after cleaning. How to check this? If you are a beginner and have no experience, make sure the steam cleaner is as high power as possible. Such models guarantee drying of the carpet for up to 6-12 hours. If the pad is wet after, it is better to take quick measures. The best option is to call qualified specialists.
- Choose a suitable cleaning solution – choose the most clean detergent from harmful chemicals and one with a pH of 10 or less. It is important to be careful when cleaning – after rinsing there should be no traces of detergent.
- Get some basic consumables that you will need for cleaning – these are towels, old rags, paper, rubber gloves, basins, buckets and more. . This is equipment that should be well prepared before embarking on the difficult task of cleaning.
- Do not press or rub when starting the stain treatment – it is important to pick up as much dirt as possible first, not to do so. rub deeper into the pad. To do this, wipe lightly, always from the inside to the outside, so as not to spread the dirt in a larger space.
- Help tothe carpet after cleaning – drymake a draft in drier and warmer weather, turn on the fans you have in home as well as dehumidifiers. Drying is important because after 24 hours of wet padding, mold, mildew, bacteria and carpet decay can begin.
- Check the carpet warranty – do not start any process before checking that the carpet warranty period has expired. . If it is still under warranty, it is better to call the specialized shops immediately. In most cases, in case of arbitrary cleaning, the manufacturer automatically cancels the warranty.